Monday, July 27, 2009

A great 4:00 A.M. call

Monday, 4:00 am Denver time, 1:00 pm Addis Ababa time.

Denise is at the Sele Enat Orphanage with Girma and the kids. She got a couple who are doing volunteer work at another orphanage to go with her and film and take pictures of her first meeting Girma. When Denise called Girma got on the phone and said "Hi, I love you Babba". :O) It was great to hear his voice. I Can't wait to meet him. I will try to get my passport resolved today and hope to fly out Tuesday. Denise sounds so happy. The kids went crazy over gum, so I'll be bringing more with me. Girma will be with Denise the rest of the week, staying at the Ethiopia Guest Home and visiting the orphanage during the day. Wednesday is our Embassy date to get everything we need to bring Girma home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!! I bet hearing those 5 words melted your heart! How amazing and awesome! SO happy for both of you! Can't wait to meet my little nephew!