Tuesday, July 28, 2009

goodbye from birth mom

Tuesday 5pm Denver time -- 2am Wednesday morning Addis time

Our adoption agency has been in touch with Girma's mom, who asked to see Girma one last time to say goodbye. Denise said yes and the goodbye is set for Friday. I have one more chance to get there TH night if I can get my passport tomorrow morning and fly out at noon. This is something Denise really needs me for, and I will lose it if I have to make her go through that alone.

Girma wore his new tie-dye shirt today and played with Denise and with all the kids at the guest home. He's been great so far. Denise says that sometimes he looks sad when he gets tired. He eats a lot, and really enjoyed tonight's dinner out at the restaurant. He loved listening to the music and even danced a lit, making everyone laugh with him. He really seems perfect for us. We couldn't have been blessed with a more perfect child! Thank you!


No comments: