Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday, 11am Denver time, 7:00 Addis time

Well, I had everything ready, my paperwork got processed and sent to the State Department in D.C., and even had the Colorado State Department Agent call and ask for a speedy fax and confirmation. While they did process it, it won't show up in the system until tomorrow morning. So, I have to repeat the visit to the Dept. of State then, and try to fly out tomorrow at noon.

I just talked to Denise and she is holding up OK, but really wants me there. It's killing me that I'm not there for her and Girma. If I can't get out tomorrow, Denise and Girma will have to fly back by themselves Friday night. If I do make it out tomorrow I'll get there Thursday night and we will spend 3 days in country before leaving Sunday night, getting back Monday, same times as I wrote in the last blog.

Girma and Denise are at a local restaurant that has live music and dancing. Girma is having fun and eating a ton. It was very loud so we didn't get to talk long. We will talk again before they go to bed in a couple hours.

Trying to stay sane,
Steve

No comments: